Sunday, February 23, 2014

Kannawidan festival


Kannawidan means "nakagawian" in tagalog or culture. Kannawidan is the ilocano culture which they are trained to do. It is the things that ilocanos do for many times.

For me, Kannawidan is an exhibit, for many of the participants are exposing they're native products. They are showing they're largest eggplant, corn, banana and many more native products such as handicrafts, sofa, and wooden furnitures. Our kannawidan is also done in february. I also wen there to watch some of their shows. It is very educational, for it speaks about the culture of ilocanos. As I remember Kannawidan is one of the most great feast of Ilocos, dor is is admired by many people in Luzon. They are travelling to Vigan just to see this event. Actually our last Kannawidan has a carnival which I went to. I went there to play some of the lottery games. And badly I loss but on the other hand, my friend luckily won more the the money that I lost. Kannawidan is not only for carnivals vit it is for the culture of Ilocanos. So we must not just go there and play but also realize the true essence of this festival. Kannawidan is one of the greatest feast in Ilocos Sur. You too must experience this one of a kind festival. It is not only the foods you will encounter but also th lessons you will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment